Saturday, December 27, 2014

Affordable Clogged Cat Fix



Affordable Clogged Cat Fix: Essentially, what I did was I drilled a hole in the bottom rear end of the catalytic converter and used a long skinny screwdriver to break-up the insides of the cat as far in as the screwdriver would reach. I started the vehicle up a few times to blow out the material inside, alternating between breaking up the insides and blowing them out until it was unclogged and flowing freely. I then filled the hole with a big sheet metal screw that I bought (not as big as the one I'm holding in the video) and ground the tip off to prevent it from puncturing tires if it should ever come out. The cat was then unclogged and the sensors only occasionally (very rarely) throw codes, as opposed to other fixes (like replacing the cat with a straight pipe) which would cause the codes to constantly come up.
This was a 2001 Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2L V8

~








-

Popular Posts